Coffee Ground "fossil" Clay
- 1 cup used coffee ginds
- 1/2 cup cold coffee
- 1 cup flourt
- 1/2 cup salt
- Wax paper & mixing bowl
- Small lid or cookie cuttert
- String- optional
- Store bought *OR air dry clay
Leaf "fossils" using air dry clay
Dinosaur "fossils" using air dry clay
& plastic dinosaurs
1. Ask a grown up to make about a cup of coffee & save the grounds.
2. When the coffee is cool, measure out all the ingredients.
3. For nature fossils, use strong leaves, sea shells, small acorns or pine cones.
For dinosaurs or insect fossils you'll need small plastic dinosaurs or insects.
4. Stir together the coffee grounds, 1/2 cup of cool coffee, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 cup salt and mix well.
5. Knead the dough and flatten it out onto wax paper
6. Use a cookie cutter or small lid to cut out about 2"circles
7. Press your object firmly into the dough to make an imprint.
Carefully remove the object, to see if it imprinted the way you want.
If it did-YEA!! you made your fossil. If not roll the dough up again
& flatten. Cut out and try again till you're happy with the imprint
8. Use a toothpick to press a hole just big enough to run string
through, if you will want to hang it after it drys.
9. Let it dry overnight. then hang or display your "fossils"